No doubt you have read countless times about the importance of getting enough sleep. But as this one simple thing can have huge ramifications on the rest of your life, Morley Chiropractic clinic would like suggest a few ideas that have helped us at the clinic get a good night’s rest.
Here are just a few of the things that sleeping well can help with:
- Increase energy levels
- Improve hormone profile
- Improve injury recovery rate
- Improve mental health
For these four benefits alone it is worth looking at improving your sleep, especially if you’re waking up with back pain. But how exactly can you do that? A quick google search will reveal hundreds of tips in improving your level and quality of sleep. However, a lot of these are impractical and not always effective. So, below are a few of the methods that we have employed at Morley Chiropractic Clinic which actually worked to help us sleep on a night.
- The bed is for sleeping – nothing else. Having a designated place to sleep is important. If you spend a lot of time laying around on your bed watching TV, or just relaxing, then that distinct line becomes blurry. Refrain from doing anything but sleep on your bed.
- Don’t use electronic devices in bed. The light emitted by smart devices, including some backlit e-readers, act as a stimulus and can make it harder to nod off on a night. However, disengaging from the day is vital. At Morley Chiropractic Clinic we recommend simply reading before you sleep.
- Keep a regular sleeping pattern. If you regularly sleep and wake at the same time your body clock will adjust and it will become easier and easier to sleep and wake every day. Try and keep this same pattern over the weekend, not just your working week, as even a single day outside of this pattern can break your body clock and take days to reset.
- Avoid napping. While there has been some studies which have found naps to be beneficial, we have found that after napping during the day we have had trouble sleeping at night, and because of this now avoid day time naps.
By implementing the above 4 tips you should be able to start clocking your 7 hours a night with relative ease, improving your mood and overall quality of life.
To book an appointment at Morley Chiropractic Clinic just give us a call on 0113 2383693 or contact us here.